Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Man that Is Warhol

by Jaylen Strong

The Andy Warhol Fabricated Exhibition is a good way for anyone to get to know Andy Warhol and know more about his work besides his Marilyns or Campbell’s Soup Cans. When you first walk into the building, you’re greeted by Andy Warhol’s Cow Art, with its electrifying colors. The Silver Clouds did not float as they should have because the fans were off, but this made it seems as if anyone in the room could become part of the piece just by bumping a balloon into the air. The second room contained many of Warhol’s late prints, many of which I had never seen before, while the last gallery contained more classic works like an Electric Chair and ‘copies’ of his Brillo boxes by the artist Charles Lutz.  Electric Chair drove home how good Warhol was with color.  With a simple addition of color, the chair becomes even more sinister.  I would definitely recommend this exhibition for anyone that wants to learn more about Andy Warhol and his mysterious ways.  The only part about the gallery that I didn’t like is that I had to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment