Saturday, February 14, 2015

Warhol Displayed

by Marci A. 

I’ve never been to a Warhol show, nor have I seen any work from Warhol in real life. I have always heard about Warhol and his famous screen printed works, so I had an idea of what I would be walking into. I was excited, because I knew it would be a fun exhibit. The Silver Clouds was in the first room I entered. There were these huge silver balloons on the floor, but also some still pushing against the ceiling. My initial thought was that it was a gallery that was still under construction, but I soon found out it was actually part of the exhibition. I would have liked to see the clouds in action, floating around the room, but I also didn’t mind seeing the balloons creeping along the floors like they had a mind of their own. Upon walking into the next room the first thing that I noticed was the wall covered in Mao wallpaper with the Vote McGovern work hanging in middle of the wall. It was the only wall covered in wallpaper and it was very interesting. The final gallery, which included a selection of Poloroids and black and white photographs, provided an alternative to his screenprints and were also something I could connect with as a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment